ACE TCPA Settlement
- Claims can be submitted online or through mail
- Settlement Administrator contact info available
Nobody likes receiving multiple unsolicited phone calls from a company marketing a product or service. This aversion to such phone calls likely becomes even more extreme for those who have gone to the trouble of having a phone number placed on the National Do Not Call Registry. When those who are on this registry allege a company is in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) as a result of making these types of calls a class action lawsuit looms large on the horizon. The parties involved in the Boise v. ACE American Insurance Company class action lawsuit has recently come to settlement terms resolving allegations that the Defendant placed calls to the Plaintiffs in violation of the TCPA. The Defendant not only denies that it did anything wrong but also denies that the Action is even appropriate for treatment as a class action lawsuit. Nevertheless, both parties have agreed to settle the case for a jaw-dropping $9,760,00. Those who believe they are eligible to receive compensation can file a claim online by going to the ACE TCPA Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
Interesting. What else should I be aware of?
- Class Members must have received more than one phone call during a 12 month period to be eligible
- Eligibility is limited to those with a number on the National Do Not Call Registry for at least 30 days
- Claims must be filed no later than April 1st, 2020 (or post-marked no later than then if mailing)
- Those who want out must send their exclusion request post-marked no later than April 24th, 2020
The Fairness Hearing to determine whether or not the settlement will actually go through is currently set to be held on April, 4th 2020. It is not necessary to attend the hearing but Class Members may decide to do so at their OWN expense. Those who have further questions may want to contact the Settlement Administrator or review the Frequently Asked Questions posted at the ACE TCPA Settlement page.
ACE TCPA Class Action Settlement AdministratorOn this topic: Complete www.DollarTreeFeedback.com customer survey application online: read about dollartreefeedback.com survey
- PO Box 43485, Providence, RI 02940-3485