- Policy holders can review information before voting
- Those with questions can call help line for assistance
When a major insurance company plans to undergo a major overhaul of its current corporate structure there is bound to be plenty of questions. American Family Insurance policy holders can now vote on the proposal to change the company’s current corporate structure into a mutual holding company. Fortunately, policy holders who wish to cast an informed vote can put in some due diligence by visiting the AMFAM Plan page before voting. The comprehensive site provides policy holders with the necessary information needed to determine how the proposal will effect the company and its policy holders. Three of the major benefits of the transformation touted at the AMFAM Plan page are member benefits expanding to more customers, expanded focus on new ways to protect customers, and increased flexibility to grow and maintain financial strength.
Taking a Deep Plunge Into the AMFAM Plan
Under the plan to transform the corporate structure a mutual holding company would be established to become the new parent company over American Family Mutual Insurance Company
- If the new plan is approved American Family policy holders will relinquish their current membership rights and receive new membership rights in the mutual holding company
- 10 of the 50 largest mutual life and/or property and casualty insurance companies in the United States operate under the mutual holdings company structure
- There will be no changes to American Family’s board of directors and officers if the transformation to the mutual holding company is approved
To be eligible to cast a vote policy holders must have had an active American Family Mutual Insurance Company policy as of April 30th, 2020 (each name insured listed on a policy will receive 1 vote). Policy holders who have more than one policy with the company will still receive only 1 vote.
AMFAM Plan Contact Line
- 866-521-4219 (Between 8 AM and 9 PM Monday through Friday Central Time)