Caribou TCPA Settlement
- Claims can be filed online or through the mail
- Administrator can be contacted for assistance
Let’s be real about it, an unwanted text message can be one of the most annoying parts of a person’s day. When that unwanted text message comes from a company for the purpose of marketing a product, mere annoyance can turn into outright INDIGNATION. Perhaps this is what was felt by those who plan on making a settlement claim for the class action lawsuit referred to as Kristie Farnham, on behalf of herself and all others similarly situated v. Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. The Plaintiffs allege that the Defendant sent marketing text messages to cell phone numbers without prior express written consent in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Caribou, on the other hand, denies all allegations of wrongdoing, liability, and damages that were asserted in the litigation and also denies that the case would have even been appropriate to treat as a class action had it proceeded through litigation and to trial. Who would have won the case can only be speculated on at this point due to the parties reaching a settlement agreement that will allow both to avoid the costs and uncertainty of a trial. Those who want to get a claim filed online can do so by going to the Caribou TCPA Settlement page and clicking the Submit a Claim link.
What else should I know about the Caribou TCPA Settlement?
- Total amount of the fund created to pay all settlement costs is a staggering $8,500,000
- Text messages had to have been received between May 5th, 2012 and April 28th, 2020
- April 13th, 2020 is the deadline to file a claim (whether online or through the mail)
- Exclusion requests or objections to the settlement must be filed by April 13th, 2020
- The hearing to decide if the settlement will be approved is set on April 27th, 2020
Those who plan on filing a claim through the mail will need to send the completed claim form directly to the Settlement Administrator (must be post-marked by the claim filing deadline of April 13th, 2020). The Settlement Administrator can also be contacted by those who have questions regarding the settlement. Those who prefer to help themselves may want to take a look at the FAQs posted at the Caribou TCPA Settlement page before breaking down and calling the Settlement Administrator.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 3076, Portland, OR 97208-3076
ReferenceOn this topic: Total www.DollarTreeFeedback.com customer survey program on the internet: read about www.dollartreefeedback.com customer survey