Optical Disk Drive Antitrust
- Claims can be filed online or through mail
- Support available by phone, mail, or email
When a group of suppliers are alleged to have conspired to keep prices high on a certain product a MASSIVE class action settlement very well may be in the future. The future is now for those eligible to make claims for compensation from the Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation. The case was originally filed over allegations made by the Plaintiffs that the Defendants fixe, maintained, or stabilized the prices of optical disk drives (ODDs) at artificially high levels in violation of federal and state antitrust laws. The total amount of $180 million settlement is spread between multiple Defendants and provides compensation to those who purchased a new computer with an internal ODD, a stand-alone ODD designed for internal use in a computer, or an ODD designed to be attached externally during the period of April 2003 through April 2008. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can get a claim filed online by going to the Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust page and clicking the Submit a Claim tab.
More Details on the Settlement
- The deadline by which all claims must be filed (either online or through mail) is April 1st, 2020
- Those who want no part of the settlement must send requests to be excluded by April 14th, 2020
- April 14th, 2020 is the date by which objections must be filed (ask the court to deny settlement)
- Decision on whether to approve to made at the Final Approval Hearing on April 7th, 2020
Eligible Class Members of the Optical Disk Drive Antitrust settlement must have been a resident of Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wisconsin. Those who have questions about the process may want to try reaching out to the Settlement Administrator.
Optical Disk Drive Antitrust Settlement Administrator
- PO Box 43424, Providence, RI 02940-3424
- [email protected]