Pay By Plate MA
- Pay a Massachusetts Department of Transportation invoice using a valid credit or debit card
- Customers must have the Invoice Number, License Plate Number and State listed on from the invoice
- The site is administered by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation Electronic Toll Collection Program (E-ZPass MA program) – 10 Park Plaza, Suite 4160 Boston, MA 02116 – phone: 877-MA-DOT-GOV (877-623-6846) – fax: 857-368-0601
Please note customers looking to make a payment via check or money order should follow the instructions provided on the Pay By The Plate invoice as the online system will not accept those types of payments. Customers who would prefer to make cash money payments, can pay their Pay by Plate MA Invoices at retail cash payment locations BUT a fee of $2.95 will be charged. The pay by the plate site is best used with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, Mozilla Firefox 2.0, Apple Safari 3.2, Google Chrome 17.
Further Electronic Toll Collection Program Readings
- E-Z Pass service centers can be found in the cities of Auburn (Mile Marker 117 on the Massachusetts Turnpike), Natick, East Boston (Tunnel Administrative Building, 145 Havre Street), Saugus (1201 Broadway inside the Square One Mall) and Haymarket Center Boston (136 Blackstone Street, Boston)
- Commercial automobiles will be charged a flat fee of $50
- Private accounts are allowed up to a maximum of 4 transponders on an account
- Transponders can be placed on motorcycles (please mount on the windshield)
- If a motor cycle has no front window please place the transponder in the drivers shirt, pants or jacket pocket
- All appeals related ot fines will be heard in 60 days from the date the appeal is received by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation Electronic Toll Collection Program
- Effective 7/21/14 only the Tobin Memorial Bridge will be All Electronic Tolling
- E-Z Pass does offer a car pool system to help cut down on nasty emissions and car pools are divided into 8 zones
- Car pools are defined as a car, SUV or truck holding 3 or more people
Please note gift certificates are available in $30.00 or $50.00 denominations (why on earth anyone would want to give this as a gift certificate is beyond us). E-Z Pass MA will require the address and phone number of gift certificate recipients to protect against fraud.