- Customers can check for the status of rebates through online service
- Search can be made by providing required name or Tracking ID
For those who need a push in the right direction, rebates can be a great reason to move forward with a purchase. However, one problem many consumers run into is fretting over when a claimed rebate will actually arrive. Those who have rebates that are eligible to be serviced through the Status-Now page will likely find the whole process a bit less nerve-racking. Through this convenient online service consumers can check the status of their submissions by simply entering a last name or company name, a street number, and a zip code. Those who have received a Tracking ID via email from the Status-Now page can complete a search by entering the ID as an alternative.
Important Information About the Rebate Process
- Those who are submitting a rebate for a mobile phone can find its Electronic Serial Number underneath the battery or on the outside of the product box
When mailing a rebate the “post mark date” refers to the day the post office processes the correspondence (customers should keep in mind that mail is not processed on Sunday)
- Those who receive an invalid status through the Status-Now page will be sent a non-compliance notification explaining the reason behind the invalid status
- Consumers who fail to send their rebates in by the post mark date specified on the offer will not be eligible for the rebate
Rebate recipients who are worried about providing an email address should be pleased to know that Status-Now always keeps customer emails confidential (email address is not required to receive a rebate). Consumers who have further questions can contact the service by phone between 9 AM and 5 PM Pacific Standard Time.
Status-Now Phone Number