Variable Electric Settlement
- Claims can be filed electronically or by mail
- Only consumers of certain states are eligible
- Settlement Administrator can be contacted
One of the set backs consumers may encounter with a variable rate plan is the often confusing process of determining what exactly it is they are being billed for. When this confusion escalates to the early stages of paranoia some consumers may dig deeper into the problem and conclude they were over charged for the services received. It appears that some customers of Starion Energy feel this way about the billing process of the variable rate plan offered by the company. As a result a class action lawsuit was filed and has now come to a settlement agreement in which eligible class members will received compensation from a Settlement Fund of $2,580,000. It should be noted that the court DID NOT make a ruling in favor of one side or the other as the parties have agreed to end the litigation now by settling the matter and avoiding the costs and risks associated with a trial. Those who believe they are eligible for a chunk of the settlement can file a claim by going to the Variable Electric Settlement page and completing the online claim form.
A Few Dates to Take Note Of
- The deadline by which all claims must be filed (either online or through mail) is April 30th, 2020
- Those who wish to object or opt-out of the settlement all together must do so by April 23rd, 2020
- April 13th, 2020 is the date on which the Final Approval Hearing will be held (at 2:00 PM EST)
It is important to note that only consumers with property located in the states of Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, or Pennsylvania are eligible to take part in the settlement. Class Members who have questions may want to take a moment to review the FAQ list posted at the Variable Electric Settlement page. Those who don’t find what they were looking for in the FAQs can try contacting the Settlement Administrator for further assistance.
Settlement AdministratorOn this topic: Complete www.DollarTreeFeedback.com customer survey application online: read about dollartreefeedback.com survey
- PO Box 43034, Providence, RI 02940-3034